I live for a good casserole. There’s nothing better than a piping hot casserole fresh out of the oven. My Cheesy French Onion Chicken Casserole is rich, creamy and great for a quick fulfilling home cooked meal.
Things you will Need
- Cooked Chicken
- Instant Rice
- French Onion dip
- Cream of Chicken
- Cheddar Cheese
- Fried Onions
- Chicken Broth
First you will want to prepare and cook the chicken and rice. I cooked my chicken in the air fryer with some salt and pepper, then cut it into small bits. Set the rice and chicken to the side.
Next reserve half the cheddar cheese and fried onions for the top of the casserole. You will add them at a later step.
Now add all other ingredients to your casserole dish or a mixing bowl.
I like to keep it simple by adding all ingredients to the casserole pan and combining in one dish. Why dirty up another dish that you will have to wash? But, you however, can do whatever is easiest to you.
Add cooked rice into the casserole pan or mixing bowl. Then stir, stir, stir!
Once everything is combined, add the remaining cheddar cheese and fried onion on top of the chicken and rice mixture.
Place casserole in a 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until it’s bubbly and slightly browned on top.
After it is fully cooked and hot, let it sit for a few minutes to thicken up.
Now enjoy this yummy, simple, flavor packed Cheesy French Onion Chicken Casserole!
Want a simple Crock Pot meal? Check this one out! Slow Cooker Ornage beef
follow me on Pinterest!
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken
- 2 cups Instant Rice
- 1 can Cream of Chicken
- 1 cup French Onion Dip
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar
- 2 cups Fried Onions
- Cook chicken and rice. Set aside.
- Reserve 1 cup shredded cheddar and 1 cup fried onions.
- Measure all other ingredients, then add to a bowl.
- Dice up your precooked chicken.
- Add the diced chicken and rice into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Mix everything well to combine.
- Now sprinkle the remaining 1 cup cheddar and fried onions to the top of the casserole.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until it is bubbly and browned on top.