These ham and cheese sliders are super EASY and FAST to make. Everyone is going to love them!
My family loves these ham & cheese sliders. They are a perfect quick dinner that you can throw together in no time flat. The melty cheese, the warm ham and the flavorful mustard and worcesterhire sauce is sure to be a hit. You can make these for family gatherings (which I have done), BBQs, potlucks, anything really. They are very customizable too.
What you will need
You will need: Ham, Swiss Cheese, Hawaiian Rolls, Butter or Margarine, Dijon Mustard, Garlic Powder and Mayo or Miracle Whip. That’s it!
First you will start off by cutting your Hawaiian rolls in half with a serrated knife. Make sure you try to keep the top and bottom the same thickness, but don’t worry if it’s not. I’ve had some pretty janky cuts and it still tasted the same.
After you have the rolls cut into two pieces, take your mayo or Miracle Whip and smear as much as you want on to the entire bottom side of the rolls. If you don’t care for mayo, you can totally omit this step. It will still come out yummy.
Next you will start to layer your ham slices. I normally will use an 8oz package of lunch meat for this. You can go super fancy with your layering or just slap it on. I either will lay the slices of ham flat or I will give them some slight wrinkles to make the ham look bulkier, but I always make them overlap a little and go from edge to edge. You want meat in every bite.
CHEESE TIME! I use a 10 to 12 slices, which is about a pack of slice cheese you get from the grocery store. I might go a little heavy with it, so you can add as much as you like. Do not go any less than 6 slices however.
Add the top half of the rolls back on top. Take your butter or margarine, dijon mustard, worcestershire and garlic powder in a microwave safe bowl. You will need to melt this mixture together until the butter is fully melted and spreadable. I heat mine for about 30 to 45 seconds.
Tip: Cover this when heating so that it does not splash and pop all over the microwave. Been there, done that!
Smear the top of the rolls generously with this buttery mustard mixture. This really adds another layer of yummy flavor to the sliders.
Place the ham and cheese sliders on a cookie sheet and put in a 375° preheated oven. Cook until the cheese is melted and the tops are browned.
Time for Dinner!
Take a knife and cut between the rolls to separate each little slider.
Now it time to enjoy these tasty and easy Ham & Cheese Sliders! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Read here to see how we built a simple DIY Chicken Coop!
- 1pk - Hawaiian Rolls
- 8oz - Sliced Ham
- 10-12 - Sliced Swiss Cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp - Butter
- 2 tsp - Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp - Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp - Garlic Powder
- Mayo/Miracle Whip to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut Hawaiian rolls in half, making a top and bottom layer.
- Spread the mayo/miracle whip over the bottom half of the Hawaiian rolls.
- Layer the ham slices on top of the mayo covered bottom side of the rolls, evenly distributing the slices.
- Place the swiss cheese over the ham, covering the entire bottom.
- Put the top of the rolls back on to the bottom side with ham and cheese.
- Place sliders on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the butter, dijon mustard, worcestershire and garlic powder.
- Heat the butter mixture in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- With a spoon or brush, spread the buttery mustard mixture over the tops of the rolls.
- Place in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the top of the rolls are slightly browned.